cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG3620 Only Printing in pink tones- Exploded cartridge?

kelseysparrow
Contributor

Hello, everyone! 

I'm having a bit of trouble with our Pixma MG3620. I don't typically print in color, but I *believe* I have in the past. (I owned one of the same printers before, which Canon had to replace after just a few months- it stopped printing altogether. I can't recall whether the last time I printed color was with this one or the previous one.) 

Today I went to print out a photo for a frame I picked up, and it came out completely pink-toned. I ran a test print, which also showed only pink in the color lines, while black remained black. I read somewhere that I should ensure that there was no plastic bit blocking the ink from the cartridge, and when I opened it I did not find any plastic whatsoever on the cartridges themselves, but I DID find a big old mess of ink all over the area where the cartridges sit. I tried so soak it up a bit with some Q-tips and run another test print, but it came out the same way. 

Where do I go from here? Screen Shot 2019-09-30 at 11.27.58 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-30 at 11.28.20 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-30 at 11.28.28 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-30 at 11.28.35 AM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kelseysparrow
Contributor
Hello, all.
For any who have this same problem, I didn't call Canon. I've spent too much of my life on the line with them.
I ended up just getting new ink and running a test print and its working fine now.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi kelseysparrow,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

kelseysparrow
Contributor
Hello, all.
For any who have this same problem, I didn't call Canon. I've spent too much of my life on the line with them.
I ended up just getting new ink and running a test print and its working fine now.
Announcements