cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG3600 printer says ink is low and will not print

Sdugan
Apprentice

I have replaced all the ink cartridges with Canon brand replacements. As soon as I put the cartridge in, the red light on the cartridge itself lights up. There are no error codes or other lights, but when I try to print anything it will not print.

I have tried all of the unplug, press the button instructions of varying types that I have found via searching the internet and none of it has worked.

How do I fix this?

5 REPLIES 5

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Sdugan,

Please open the cover to your printer.  Please reply to this post with all of the text that is on each label of the inks installed in your printer.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

PrinterInk1.png

PrinterInk.png

IMG_20200408_142734.jpg

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Sdugan,

The picture you sent does not match up any images for the inks that work with our MG3600 series. Those tanks would work on one of our higher level printers. To assist further with your ink issue, I would need some additional information. If you could please reply to the message with the following information.

1. What is the model number that shows up on the top or front of the printer? It should begin with two letters like MG, TS, TR or MP and will be followed by 3 to 4  numbers.
  2. What error code number is showing up with the low ink message?

• MG5622 is the model number on the top of the printer. Sorry, that was a typo, hit the 3 instead of the 5 I guess
  • There is no error code, it just says Toner/Ink Low. On the printer itself, there is no message.

• print.png

Hi Sdugan,

The CLI-251XL BK ink tank that you have installed in your printer is not a genuine Canon ink tank.  Using third party ink tanks is not recommended.  To clear the error that you are experiencing, please replace the CLI-251XL BK ink tank with a genuine Canon ink tank.

You may purchase this ink tank directly from us:

https://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/pixma-mg5620-compatible-inks

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements