cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG 7520 Also Keeps Shutting Off

Datone
Apprentice

This just started recently.  I turn on the printer and it shuts off.  It started the other day when I got the message that I didn't shut it off properly.  I know I did and now it shuts off every time I turn it on.  

4 REPLIES 4

Stephen

Hello!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know more information.

Do you see any error messages?
Which Computer Operating System are you using (Windows 7/8/10/11 or macOS 10/11/12)?
How do you connect to your printer (USB or WiFi)?

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue
If you're in the United States, and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options.

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.

Thanks and have a great day!

The issue has been identified in other posts as a DNS issue. WIFI and Ethernet connections cause the issue. By shutting your router down or telling the router to stop processing the printer's MAC address, the printer will power up and you can use the setup menu on the printer to disable the WIFI and LAN options. Then use a USB cable to connect the printer. It is a work-around and Canon needs to send out a fix. I was almost at the point of getting a new printer when I happened on the work around solution. 

Karma1225
Apprentice

Mine just happened today. Now it keeps powering off and won’t stay on.

Elbert
Apprentice

There is another post that has the solution as I had the same issue.

See:

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Desktop-Inkjet-Printers/Pixma-MG7520-turns-on-but-shuts-off-befor...

Not perfect but the work around does work. Canon needs to fix it. 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements