cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG 7100. Must be over looking something.?.?

tbimm
Apprentice

Performed the entire setup procedure and was able to print out 2 beautiful pictures as well. Problem is I can not print text at all. Trying to print out some tax documents and it comes out as though I am out of black ink. I was sure that wasn't possible but I went out and bought another of the black and PGBL. Still no luck. What am I missing here?

1 REPLY 1

Julius
Rising Star

Hello,

Please make sure there is no orange protective packaging tape remaining on the ink cartridges.  If not, the best way to determine what is occurring is to print a nozzle check pattern.  You need to prepare: a sheet of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper.

1. Make sure that the power is turned on.

2. Make sure that one or more sheets of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper are loaded in the cassette (lower).

3. Open the paper output tray.

(1) Holding both sides of the paper output tray, gently open it.

The output tray extension will open automatically when the paper output tray is opened.

(2) Extend the paper output support.

Important

If the inner cover is open, close it.

1. Print the nozzle check pattern.

(1) Flick the HOME screen, then tap  Setup.

The setup menu screen will appear.

(2) Tap  Maintenance.

The Maintenance screen will appear.

(3) Tap Print nozzle check pattern.

Figure: Touch screen

The confirmation screen will appear.

(4) Tap Yes.

The nozzle check pattern will be printed and two pattern confirmation screens will appear on the touch screen.

Examine the nozzle check pattern.

1. Check if there are missing lines in the pattern (C) or horizontal white streaks in the pattern (D).

If you are missing any of the letters on the left side, or any of the boxes, you may need to run through a print head cleaning.  On the same "Maintenance" window the nozzle check appears, try the option below to run through a few cleanings.

If the nozzle check does not appear correct after these cleanings, please reach out to our  technical support team  at http://bit.ly/Phone_Support so we can go into deeper troubleshooting.

Thanks!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements