cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG 3222 will not print all text

Jessip0323
Apprentice

My 3 month old MG 3222 will randomly forget to print things on a page - no rhyme or reason to what it wont print, but it will leave lines out that show on print preview but wont print.  Printed out my fishing license - half of my info doesn't show up.  Printing out receipts for bills I have paid online - random parts of the receipt won't print.  It will print several lines properly, skip a line - or a part of a line - then continue printing as normal.  Please help - this printer has been such a huge PITA compared to my previous Canon printer (that I loved).  Do I return it for a different brand or can someone help me figure out what's going on?  Thanks.  My computer is up to date with all updates installed.  Computer genius son says he can't figure out what's going on - that I should return the printer or throw it away.  But it's still "new" - they should last at least a year, right?  Plenty of ink - color and black, that's not the issue.  

4 REPLIES 4

Jessip0323
Apprentice

Any ideas, good folks?

Ramona
Authority

Hi Jessip0323,

If you are using the printer wirelessly, moving the printer closer to your wireless access point/router may resolve the issue you are experiencing.  If the printer is connected via USB to your computer, performing a print head alignment and print head cleaning may resolve the issue.  To perform a print head alignment and cleaning, please follow the steps located at the links below:

PIXMA MG3222 Performing a Print Head Alignment

PIXMA MG3222 Performing a Print Head Cleaning

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Ramona thank you so much for the response.  I did the "clean print heads" before posting to the forum asking for advice with no success.  I am using a wireless router - the printer is sitting on a shelf literally less than 6 inches from the router - do you think moving it closer will make a difference seeing as how it is that close already?  

At this point I am considering junking this printer and buying a different one.   I cannot afford to do that but when I factor in the cost to keep reprinting pages with missing text, the time spent having to double check everything I print (can't risk inaccuracy due to deletion by printer) I may just go to a different printer entirely if someone can't tell me how to resolve this issue.  

I have pretty much the same problem, as do many others posting in this forum and elswhere.  The problem seems to originate in the printer itself since a test pattern printed from the printer (without communication with the computer) results in the same problem.   This means computer-based solutions, like drivers, etc. won't work.    One person responding to a similar post said cleaning the print head with dry Q tips and suction worked.   I tried the Q tips.  didn't work.  Not sure how to apply suction to the print head.  

Announcements