cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG 3020 wont scan, wont print wont set up properly (windows 10)

stubby43
Apprentice

I recently bought an MG 3020 and have been attempting to set up the printer for the last 4 hours without any success.

I have downloaded the set up program and run it multiple times but I keep hitting error after error no matter which way I approach the install.

My printer is on, its plugged in using the usb but its also flashing an orange light with a lighting bolt in a triangle.

I go through the installation wizzard and it gets to this point where it tries to detect the printer but it does nothing.

If I unplug the usb cable then replug it in then it looks like its detecting it (it says printer dected please wait until the installation is complete) but again nothing happens.

BUT previous to that I was getting futher into the process, I got to the point where it allowed to try and configure the printer head and the scanner but again it did nothing at all.

And before that I'd installed the device drivers without the wizard, got the scanner program but when I tried to scan it came up with this error code code:2,140,21

When I look at my device manager the printer does show up and when I click on it it says the device is working properly (despite the fact that its clearly not).

It can also see it in the control pannel, when I try to use it in that area it comes up with scanning software, I click preview or scan and it does nothing, makes no sound and clearly doesnt do the scan.

When I use the canon ij scan utility it now comes up with error code 5,156, 69 it says the scanner is turned off or the usb cable is disconnected, which it isnt.

When I try wireless it cant see the network despite the fact that we only have wifi and the computer is connected to it.

I am completely at a loss at what to do.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Stephen

Hi stubby43!

Thanks for reaching out to Canon USA, we're happy to help!

You'll want to make sure you've got the most recent software and drivers installed for your PIXMA printer. You can get them from our site HERE.

If you've done that, and you're still having problems getting your printer setup, we suggest getting in touch with support so that they can help you through the setup process. They're at 1-800-OK-CANON.

If you're outside the US or Canada, you'll want to click HERE to find support options outside the US/Canada.

We hope this helps get things resolved for you! 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Stephen

Hi stubby43!

Thanks for reaching out to Canon USA, we're happy to help!

You'll want to make sure you've got the most recent software and drivers installed for your PIXMA printer. You can get them from our site HERE.

If you've done that, and you're still having problems getting your printer setup, we suggest getting in touch with support so that they can help you through the setup process. They're at 1-800-OK-CANON.

If you're outside the US or Canada, you'll want to click HERE to find support options outside the US/Canada.

We hope this helps get things resolved for you! 

Announcements