cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Ability to Double-Side Print in MG7720

Joe6
Apprentice

Has anyone else lost the ability to create double-sided print? I've used this for years from my Mac and iOS devices, always with the latest OS versions. A few months ago it stopped working. I thought I might be using paper that was too thick, but today I used quite thin paper and it still wouldn't do it.

• iPad OS 13.2, iOS 13.2, macOS Catalina 10.15.1
  • MG7720 running the latest drivers (just checked)
  • Double-sided option is on
  • Paper size is Letter
  • Paper is IP Hamermill Premium Inkjet & Laser, 24lb

Used to work, now it doesn't, using the same techniques, inputs and paper. Has this happened to anyone else? What's going on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks, I called 1-800-OK-CANON and got the solution:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/mg-s...

Once you have reached our support web site, follow these steps to complete the download:
1) Select the correct Operating System for your computer from the drop-down menu. The selection must match the operating system of the computer on which you will be installing the downloaded file.
2) Select the desired download from the list of Drivers or Software files.
3) Click the Download button to begin downloading the selected file. The speed of your Internet connection and the size of the file will determine the time required to complete this step.

So while that link is for my MG7720, the general solution is to find your printer version, download the new drivers AND software, install them, remove your printer from your printer list and then re-add your printer.

Voila! Double-side printing is restored.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Joe6
Apprentice

Any ideas?

Hi Joe6

The Canon Community Forum is not for immediate assistance. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE. You can also contact technical support at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) Monday-Friday 8 am to 8 pm ET, excluding holidays.

We hope this helps!

Thanks, I called 1-800-OK-CANON and got the solution:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/mg-s...

Once you have reached our support web site, follow these steps to complete the download:
1) Select the correct Operating System for your computer from the drop-down menu. The selection must match the operating system of the computer on which you will be installing the downloaded file.
2) Select the desired download from the list of Drivers or Software files.
3) Click the Download button to begin downloading the selected file. The speed of your Internet connection and the size of the file will determine the time required to complete this step.

So while that link is for my MG7720, the general solution is to find your printer version, download the new drivers AND software, install them, remove your printer from your printer list and then re-add your printer.

Voila! Double-side printing is restored.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements