cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leave MP970 on 24/7, or shut it off...

Kris44
Apprentice

I may print every day, certainly every week.  Is it better for the printer/head/ink to just leave it on 24/7, or should i shut it off , say, at night?  Thanks!!!

Canon MP970
Canon MP970
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Karl1
Rising Star

Hi Kris44,

Since the PIXMA MP970 does go into a poewr save mode when not in use, I would recommend leaving it on 24/7.  The advantage of this is that it goes through less cleanings, since the printer performs a head cleaning every time you powre it on.  When you leave it on 24/7 it only goes through a head cleaning by itself after a few days of inactivity.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Karl1
Rising Star

Hi Kris44,

Since the PIXMA MP970 does go into a poewr save mode when not in use, I would recommend leaving it on 24/7.  The advantage of this is that it goes through less cleanings, since the printer performs a head cleaning every time you powre it on.  When you leave it on 24/7 it only goes through a head cleaning by itself after a few days of inactivity.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Super! Thanks!!!  EXACTLY the info I was looking for!

Canon MP970
Announcements