cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large black rectangle appears down the length of a scanned image

NetroPhil
Apprentice

I own a Pixma MG4250 scanner/printer. It's pretty old now and I honestly don't use it all that much, because I'm usually using my phone to take pictures of my drawings due to convenience, but lately I've wanted to try using my scanner again. 

This has never happened with it before, but when I scan pages or open sketchbooks, the picture gets this large black rectangle down the length of the page(s). Sometimes its a full block black and others its more transparent and I can see to the page, as if it's underneath. There's also a kind of double exposure, one half of the page is repeated within the black block.

001.jpg

If anyone has any ideas I'd be glad of the advice. 

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi NetroPhil,

Do you own the PIXMA MG4250 or the PIXMA MG5420?

Are you using your printer wirelessly?   Or with a USB cable?

What version of Windows (or OSX) is installed on your computer?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

NetroPhil
Apprentice
Hi Patrick

It's definitely a Pixma MG4250. I'm using it wirelessly and I'm using Windows 10 on my laptop, a Lenovo G50-80

Hi NetroPhil,

Please place an item on the scan glass and attempt to make a copy.

If the issue persists, your PIXMA MG4250 woiuld require service.

You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program.  This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system.  This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free standard shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30PM ET).  If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8am to Midnight.  Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements