cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Canon MX922 not seeing multiple printers

boatdrinks26
Apprentice

I am looking for some help. I like our MX922 printer but it does not switch from computer to computer at all. So, if I print something and then my daughter needs to it does not recognize her computer. I need to unplug the printer, while it is on, for her to be able to print to it. Then, when I need to print again I need to do the exact same thing. It seems like it can only see one computer on the network at a time. What can I do to stop this issue? Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Let's start by you telling us how your printer is connected to "x" via what?

Printing does not involve "unplugging" (power cord, USB cable, ethernet) we don't know which in order to print.  If you tell us more about your environment and how things are connected maybe we can help.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

boatdrinks26
Apprentice
Alright, maybe this will help explain it.

The printer is connected to our WiFi on the 2.4ghz network. We have some devices trying to use the printer on the 2.4ghz network and some on the 5.0ghz network. It doesn’t seem to matter which network tries to use it, generally the same issue exists. Does that have to do with any of the issues? The printer was only able to connect to the 2.4ghz network when I set it up.

Hi boatdrinks26,

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issues. Please contact our support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST(excluding holidays).

We look forward to hearing from you.

Announcements