cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ink jet printer TR4720 won't install on Win10 desktop, Canon does not offer customer support

MC005
Apprentice

I purchased a TR4720 printer on October 16,2023, through Amazon.com and attempted to install it. It didn't work. The printer is perfectly functional and the issue is the "forever problem" of installing it on a Windows 10 computer - that is why I bought it: HP doesn't work with Windows 10 anymore. I tried to get support: seems like a "culture" thing for printer companies to not offer any customer support. Canon SELLS customer support, which is illegal and outrageous, but I bought it (called "CarePAK", and doesn't work either). I just complain as a last resort, given that big corporations are by definition dishonest and exploitative. Canon refused to send me the code (apparently, you need a code to prove you bought the printer AND the illegal customer support), and refuses to provide support for their product.

I still need a printer. If anyone has a trick to go around the "normal" windows sabotage, or to use the printer through cable (I tried, it ignores the cable), I'm all ears.

Things I already did:

1) Checked for customer support eligibility. There is none. In spite of the receipt of purchase I uploaded, all I could do is purchase the CarePAK, which doesn't provide customer support either;

2) Installed the Canon software: useless.

3) Created an account with Canon: useless.

Please don't give me a phone number to call: I have hyperacusis and the American Disabilities Act is very clear about the company's responsibility. Companies avoid emails because they document transactions to their disadvantage, but they are obliged to offer one to customers with hearing issues. They try to evade this responsiblity as well.

4 REPLIES 4

Stephen

We aren't aware of this so-called "forever problem," you're speaking of.

Please RE-INSTALL the complete suite of software from the following link: https://canon.us/3RtR5qz

Once you have, please let us know the following:
• Do you see any error messages?
• How do you connect to your printer (USB or WiFi)?

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.

If you're in the United States, and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options.

If you're outside the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.

Thanks, and have a great day!

MC005
Apprentice

Done. Failed.

1) No error or other messages.

Your "here" link opened my account. I don't know what you are suggesting, since that same platform (I had an account before I posted here, which I did because that platform has no customer support) was the one that forced CarePAK on me as a paid alternative to the non-existing customer support. I purchased it. It doesn't cover this issue, so I still have NO customer support.

2) I tried both WiFi and cable. None worked.

We provided the other link as well to direct you to the set up process. The "HERE" link provides your support options which for a new printer are to call 1-800-OK-CANON or to communicate here on the Canon Community to provide a written option. Please follow the other link we provided, which we will repost, for step by step instructions for setup: https://canon.us/3RtR5qz

normadel
Authority
Authority

What is your problem when you install the printer in Windows 10? It certainly IS supported with Windows 10.

Calm down and just tell us what is happening, instead of ranting about sabotage.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements