cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPAD can't find the bluetooth on MG3220

drinnjr
Apprentice

A novice IPADer.  Can't get the dern thing ta talk together... Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello drinnjr.

Printing can be done with the MG3220 via Wi-Fi with our Easy PhotoPrint app.  This app is available for free from the App Store and would allow you to print photos. 

If you need additional assistance, please contact our support group using the link below.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Please understand that there is NO WI-FI in the woods.  Bluetooth,  Bluetooth. Bluetooth.  Unexpert.

...thanks,  Just talked to your VA office,  CAN NOT use MG3220 or -as I understand- any airprint for bluetooth.  Says "Airprint" on the box.  Nice printer.  Incorrect advertising. Do I really have to purchase a competitor's product?

Hi drinnjr,

Airprint is the name coined by Apple to describe their wireless printing without a driver technology designed for the iPad and iPhone.  The limitation is that it does require you to be connected to a wireless network.  The MG3220 does support the BU-30 Bluetooth adapter, but it uses the Object Push Protocol which is not supported on either the iPad or iPhone.  I apologize for the inconvenience.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Can you get all of this to communicate using such as a verizon hotspot? (as the wi-fi?)  I apolagize that I am so technically limited.  The "office" is a Peterbilt.

Hello.

Unfortunately, our printers cannot communicate with mobile hot spot devices.  A standard Wi-Fi router would have to be used in order to use your MG3220 with your iPad.

If additional assistance is needed, feel free to call us at 1-800-OKCANON.

Announcements