cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP 7220 alignment problem

jgw0
Contributor

I am running with windows and an ip7220 printer.  This printer was sent to us, by Canon, 2 years ago (part of that is quoted below - last paragraph), as a replacement for another Canon printer (ip4920) that had gone bad.  This printer has never really worked up to snuff but, now, its gonna have to be replaced.  The problem is pretty simple.  When printing the checkprinthead thing the top black portion's verticle lines are not solid but, are two teeny black lines.  This effects any printout so a photo ends up smudgy. 

I have taken out the printhead and cleaned it to no avail.  I cleaned it by washing it and then putting it into a ultrasonic cleaner until the cleaning medium (warm water) ran clear.  This usually does the trick but, in this case, it made absolutely no difference and nothing changed.   I have run all the maintenence programs multiple times to no avail.  This thing will simply not align itself properly and the black portions of the alignment process are all smudgy and never reach any kind of no bar solution irregardless of settings.

We are pleased to confirm that your Canon iP7220 Warranty Exchange, serial number (Mod Note: Removed serial number per forum guidelines), has been shipped via UPS. This item is a replacement for your Canon  iP4920 with serial number (Mod Note: Removed serial number per forum guidelines).

Thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I did all the stuff I could but simply failed.    I bought another printer than continue.   Thank you for the response!!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ramona
Authority

Hi jgw0,

When inks do not print correctly, we recommend performing at least one cleaning and two deep cleanings on the unit to try and get the ink to print.  In addition, performing a print head algnment is also recommended.  If you have already performed the cleanings and alignment and are still experiencing difficulty, the printer will require servicing to resolve the issue; please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for your servicing options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I did all the stuff I could but simply failed.    I bought another printer than continue.   Thank you for the response!!

Announcements