cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IOS 11.01 Big Sur driver update for Canon Pixma MG5450

johneurope
Apprentice

Hi anyone an idea how to stay using my printer? All is fine till 2 days ago installing Big Sur on my Macbook Pro. Now it is not compatible anymore and cannot find the software and Canon support said "buy a new printer...."

5 REPLIES 5

Porcha
Rising Star

Hi,

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation, however, we need to let you know that the Canon Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, to go: https://global.canon and select your country or region for your support needs.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Hi, scanner solution is easy as there is other software managing this, only the printer itself, is software of the MG5420 or MG5500 not solving the problem?

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

That is what can happen when a new operating system is installed.

It is very important to check that all critical hardware devices associated with the computer will be supported, or else do a cost/benefit study to see if the benefits from the new OS are worth the cost of upgrading components.

Looks like your printer has been arond for a while.

Screenshot 2020-11-19 112421.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

lisaren
Apprentice

I have the same issue. Purchased a new imac that came pre-installed with  Big Sur and now I can't print from my Pixma ix6820. I can't get through to Canon...and reading these messages sounds like I have to buy a new printer?!  Yes, my Pixma is a 2017 (gasp, four years old!!), but it is in fine shape and I've already purchased ink for it. I'm so sick of the disposable culture we live in. I will be purchasing an Epson or another brand. NOT canon.

rcowen61
Apprentice
Same response when I tried to find drivers for my MX340. I refuse to buy a new Canon printer to fix my problem. I have an old brother laser jet printer that works with my new mac. Canon just lost a customer.
Announcements