cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a pixma MX882 printer and all of a sudden it stopped printing black text, can you help?

richardjancsi
Contributor

14 REPLIES 14

Stephen

Hi richardjancsi!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know any error messages you're seeing, and the Computer Operating System you're using (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac 10.x), as well as the way you connect to your device (USB or networked via WiFi or Ethernet).

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

Thanks and have a great day!

Hello, I am using windows 7 and wi-fi, is that enough information?

Julius
Rising Star

Hi richardjancsi!

The best way to find out what is occurring is to perform a Nozzle Check.  Please perform the following to print a Nozzle Check pattern:

1.  Make sure that the machine is turned on, then load a sheet of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper in the Auto Sheet Feeder.

2.  Open the Paper Output Tray and then open the Output Tray Extension.

3.  To print the nozzle check pattern:

a.  Press the Setup button.

b.  Select Maintenance, then press the OK button.  The Maintenance screen is displayed.

c.  Select Print nozzle check pattern and then press the OK button.  The pattern print confirmation screen is displayed.

d.  Select Yes and then press the OK button.

The nozzle check pattern is printed and the pattern confirmation screens are displayed alternately.

Examine the nozzle check pattern on the LCD of your PIXMA MX882 and you can also compare it to the following example:

Check the pattern to see if any lines are missing.  Missing lines or no ink appearing on the paper indicates a printhead cleaning may be required.  If your printout does not match the example, please perform a printhead cleaning by selecting B and then choosing Yes.  If these options are not available, please perform the following steps to perform a Cleaning: 

1.  Press the MENU button.

2.  Select Maintenance then press the OK button.

3.  Select Deep Cleaning and press OK.

4.  Press OK to select Yes.

The deep cleaning will be performed.  After 2 or 3 deep cleanings, print another test page.  Does the test page print correctly?  If not, then service may be required.  Please CLICK HERE for additional support on this matter.

Thanks!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I performed  the nozzle check and the deep cleaning and still no help, the top portion of the print test is blank.

I had the exact same problem with my MX 922 that I recieved only a day ago. I was up all night trying to figure it out and I found that it was a clogged printhead. I manually cleaned the print head and then the printer was good to go. Here is a link to a video that shows you how to manually clean the print head:

This is the exact method I used to clean the printhead and it worked. 

I watched the video, followed the same procedure . Still no help still no black text.

How long did you rinse the print head? I rinsed mine for almost 10 minutes. You'd be surprised at how much ink is in those things. After 3 minutes I thought it was all clear but then I flipped it over and more ink came out. Give it a good 10 minute rinse with warm water flipping it every minute to 2 minutes. If that doesn't work you may need to replace the printhead.

Thanks Sailor, it worked, I was set to purchase a new printer and as fast as it stopped printing it started back again.

rich

I have an MX882 and it has stopped printing black.  Chronologically, I was gettting the B200 error about a printer error.  Then I followed the instructions either on this post or another location to get rid of that.  Then I started getting the U052 error about the type of print head incorrect.  I changed out the empty ink tanks, turned it off, turned it on, ran the print head under water a couple of times, soaked it for about 30 minutes and after each attempt, I was still getting the U052 error. It seemed online help then suggested buying a new print head.  I purchased one from inkjetprinthead.com (got a good price) and it came yesterday.  I installed it and didn't get the U052 error.  But now it won't print black at all.  When I do the nozzle check the #2 pattern from an earlier post is perfect (the one with the colors), but absolutely nothing for the #1 pattern (the checkerboard).  Nothing.  I changed the PGBK225 ink cartridge even when it was showing half full.  I've gone through the printer maintenance and cleaned it and deeped cleaned it twice. Still no black.  I like the printer; it's been a good product and I'd rather not have to buy a new printer.  Any suggestions?  Michael

Announcements