cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a Pixma MG7120 using cartridges 250. This cartridge keeps blinking even after I replaced it,

zolibaci
Apprentice

Originaly I got the low ink indicator. I took the cartriges to Costco to have them refilled. Once reinserted the refilled cartriges one if the 6 cartridges the PGBK 250XL just kept blinking.

I went and got a new aftermarket ink cartridge and tried that and it still blinks. This is the only one which blinks,  the others are fine.

Needless to say, I can not print because that is my black cartridge and it would not work.

I have tried to reinsert the cartridge while power was on and also when the power was off but it did not help.

Does anyone have any suggestions how to get around this problem?

Thank you

1 REPLY 1

BillS
Mentor

Hi zolibaci,

Your PIXMA MG7120 does not read the amount of ink actually in the tank, rathe it reads a chip embedded in the cartridge which keeps track of how often it has been used.  Refilling the tank does not reset the chip, so the printer will still read it as empty.

If you want to continue printing in this condition, you need to release the function for detecting the remaining ink level. Touch the machine's Stop button for at least 5 seconds, and then release it.

With this operation, releasing the function for detecting the remaining ink level is memorized. Please be advised that Canon shall not be liable for any malfunction or trouble which may be caused by continuation of printing under the ink out condition.

Note

• If the function for detecting the remaining ink level is disabled, the ink tank in grey is displayed in the remaining ink volume screen on the touch screen.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements