cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a PIXMA MP970 printer. The printer is not printing. What should I do?

teachermoe
Apprentice

My PIXMA MP970 printer has stopped printing and copying. At first the printer would not even turn on, now it does. The paper does feed thru, but comes out blank. There is plenty of ink in all the cartridges. I'm at a loss as to what is wrong.

3 REPLIES 3

Tiffany

Hi Teachermoe!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know what Computer Operating System you're using (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac 10.x).

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email.

Thanks and have a great day!

We have Windows XP. We looked at other posts telling people to unplug the printer and then replug it in, did that, no change. We also shut down the computer over night and still no change. When we try to do an ink test, nothing prints. So, something is definitely wrong with the ink, but everything looks fine when we check the cartridges.

Ramona
Authority

Hi teachermoe,

Since no ink is printing on the page, we recommend performing at least one cleaning and two deep cleanings on the printer to try and get the ink to print.  To perform the cleanings, please follow the steps located at the link below:

Performing Print Head Cleanings

If the ink still does not appear on the page, the printer will require servicing.  Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page to obtain your servicing options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements