cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a PIXMA MP490 which will not grab the paper. What can I do the fix it?

AprilMohr
Apprentice

I have a PIXMA MP490 printer that suddently stopped grabbing the paper to bring it through the printer. Does anyone have a suggestion? It used to be a terrific printer.

2 REPLIES 2

desertrosie
Contributor

This happened to my 18 month old PIXMA MG922, and tech support could not help and told me I needed to bring it into

a repair center (120 miles away), so I gave it away to a "tinkerer."  Junk after a year and a half!!!

Ramona
Authority

Hi AprilMohr,

To try and resolve the issue, please unplug the printer, then with a flashlight or other bright light, please check the paper feed area of the printer and verify that there are no paper jams or obstructions in the printer that may be causing the paper to not feed.  Next, please plug the printer back in and perform a roller cleaning on the unit by following the steps located here.  We recommend performing at least three roller cleanings on the unit.

If the paper still does not feed, the printer will require servicing.  Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page to obtain your servicing options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements