cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a Canon Pixma MP495 on two computers. Only works on one now.

Kitiri
Apprentice

I have a Canon Pixma 495 on both my computers which are all located in one room on the same wireless network.  Both were working fine for years. Yesterday the printer had an error message about low ink. Tried changing cartridge but didnt work.  I tried to diagnose it but it said it could not detect the printer on either computer. So I tried to reinstall the drivers on one of the computers. Won't let me as cannot detect the printer. Changed the ink catridge again and now the printer prints just fine off the computer that I didn't try to reinstall the drivers on.  The other computer cannot use the printer as it still cannot detect it.  I tried disengaging the firewall.  Did not help.   I tried turning off both the router and the printer. Did not help. How do I get the main computer to detect it again?  So incredibly frustrating!

2 REPLIES 2

Jason
Whiz

Hello,

To ensure the most accurate information is provided, please let us know the version of Windows or Mac your two computers are running.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

Both are on Windows 8 but actually I finally figured out a fix. I do appreciate your time though.  Thank you.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements