cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a Canon PIXMA MG5420 printer. How do I set this printer up to default print black ink only?

bitsysmom
Apprentice

5 REPLIES 5

Tiffany

Hi Bitsysmom!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know the computer operating system you're using (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac 10.x). Any error messages or other details you'd like to give will also help the Community better understand your issue.

Thanks and have a great day!

I have an MG5320 and would that same  information for this printer.  I'm also getting a U052 error and haven't been able to get rid of it.  The black ink question might be a moot issue if I have to unload this fairly new printer.  Done with Canon.

JLH
Contributor
would like that same information

Mine is a a Mac and the most currrent operating

nancy1023,

Please perform the following to create a Grayscale preset for black and white printing on your Mac:

1.  Open the Applications folder.

2.  Open the Textedit program.  When the program is open, a small white window will appear.

3.  Click File at the top left corner and choose Print.

4.  In the Print dialog screen, look for the third dropdown menu, labeled as 'Textedit'.

5.  Expand this Menu and choose 'Quality and Media'.

6.  In the Quality and Media menu, check the box labeled 'Grayscale'.

7.  Next, look up for the second dropdown menu, labeled 'Presets' or 'Standard'.

8.  Expand this menu and choose 'Save As'.

9.  Type in 'Grayscale' or 'Black and White', then click OK.

Once this has been done, ensure that the new preset is selected before printing. Simply change the preset back to 'Standard' for color printing.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
click here to view the gallery
Announcements