cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a Canon MX420. The scanner WILL NOT connect to my PC. I am ready to toss Canon products!

papineaubill
Apprentice

I have been several months now, unable to scan anything.  It always tells me either the usb cable is not connected, or the scanner is shut off.  I followed ALL DIRECTIONS to connect this device -- I even bought a new cable, all to no avail.  I have read many posts and suggestions, and again nothing seems to help.  I have uninstalled and then reinstalled the program - again with no results.  All other components of this device seem to work great.  Also, when I first purchased the device, it worked great.  Then, several months back, it failed to recognize the scanner.  I really wondered about a new cable, etc., and finally bought a good one, but it didn't help.  I hate to trash the device just because of the scanner, as somehow it seems a simple 'correction' would get things back in order; however, no one seems to have any suggestions that actually work.

I have made sure to follow the dirtections to a "T" regarding setup -- and must have succeeded initially, as it used to work.  I use Internet Explorer 11.0.16 .  I have totally updated drivers in all areas.

Any and all help would be appreciated.  I am not a 'whiz' when it comes to computers, so if anyone is interested, I would appreciate a response at my email address of [email address removed in accordances with privacy guidelines], as I had a difficult time finding this website.

Thank you sincerely,

Wm. D. Davis

1 REPLY 1

Danny

Hi, papineaubill!

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation, though we need to let you know that the Canon Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.  If you live outside the United States, please click here and select your country or region for your support needs.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Thanks for choosing Canon!

Announcements