cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot correctly print PDF statements from my bank directly from Safari. Using a Pixma MP560

dkclemenson
Contributor

I use a Mac running OS 10.9.4 and a Canon Pixma MP560.  I cannot print PDF statements from my banks anymore.  I used to be able to download the statements and then print them directly from Adobe Reader, but even that doesn't work now.

What I get are 6 small portions of the statement page in the upper left area of the print page.  The portions are all identical and are the first part of the statement.  

I have tried uninstalling the printer, adding it back in and updating the drivers and nothing seems to work.  

Anyone else have this problem or a solution?

4 REPLIES 4

rodneymoya
Apprentice

are you able to see the pdf when you download it as in is the adobe statement coming out correctly

im thinking the problem is with the adobe reader

WOW!  I found a work around that may give you some more insight.  But to answer your question, yes it does appear to be OK on the screen when I save as a PDF.

However, I have two different credit cards.  With one if I save it as a PDF and then open it from Finder and make sure the print size options is set to shrink oversized pages, it will print fine.  On the other credit card two weird things happen.  When I open the statement on the website I need to go to an option to save as a PDF and not view or print it at all.   After saving it,  when I open the document in Adobe I don't get a toolbar.  

But, I can open the thumbnails and there I noticed that the outlined area of each page is only about one-half as long as its supposed to be.  If I stretch that outline and then right click the document to get an option to print (since I don't have a toolbar), it prints fine.   Weird

Do you think somehow, the various websites interface with Adobe differently? 

Seems this all worked fine until I updated my Operating System to Mavericks (OS 10.9.4)

Hi dkclemenson,

It would appear as though the formatting of the PDF is causing the print issues that you are experiencing.  That being said, you can try ths setting which may get your PDF to print correctly:

1. Ensure that your PIXMA MP560 is turned on and connected.

2. Open the PDF you wish to print.

3. Click File and then Print.

4. Click Advanced.  Please note, the location of the Advanced button depends on the version of Acrobat Reader.

5. Select Print As Image.

6. Click OK to close the Advanced Print Setup dialog box.

7. Click OK to print the PDF.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for the suggestion, Patrick.   Unfortunately it won't work.  My goal is to be able to print directly from the bank's website.   My first option is to view as a PDF or a text document.  I choose PDF.  Then when I go to print the document I see on my screen, I have no advanced option.  Just the standard menu from the printer:  what printer, layout, etc.

At that point I don't think I'm actually working in Acrobat.  I can save the document as a PDF and then print it.   I guess that is what I'm going to have to do until Mavericks is updated.  I did not have this problem with the older operating system.  Newer is not necessarily better.  

Announcements