cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I First had a 6A80 Error but fix it, but now the ink carriage Stuck on the very right of the printer

harveytj03
Apprentice

My parents Ended giving me their old printer because of an error they had. I was able to fix this error by fixing the sponge. (BTW. The error code was: 6A80). But soon the carriage ended getting stuck on the right side. Now it's stuck and its impossible to move it back the left. When I turn on the printer, it ends up giving me the 6A80. But I can't get the ink tray to the left again. The Printer I have is a Pixma mp650

7 REPLIES 7

SamanthaW

Hi!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what model printer you have. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bitly.com/CanonEmail or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks! 

Its a mp650 Pixma

Nevermind

I have a brand new MX922 printer. The ink carriage will not move from the right side so I can put the new ink cartridges in.  

sunyata7
Apprentice

Please help!

I have a similar error code. When the TS8220 is turned on, the operation panel goes straight to an error screen, making it impossible to reload firmware, reset, or perform any other operations. Any help is appreciated.

Hi novakda,

You can try unplugging the power cord to the printer and then try to move the ink carriage. If it still wont move, the printer will require service. 

Canon does have a chat team that would be happy to assist you with your service options. Please click HERE and in the chat box, ask to speak to a live person. Our chat agents are available Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 8:00 pm ET, excluding holidays.

We look forward to hearing from you. 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements