cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you scan in black and white to a chromebook from a Pixma tr4720?.

Mr-C
Apprentice

How do you scan in black and white to a chromebook from a Pixma tr4720?. I only have an option for greyscale. It makes the backgrounds grey instead of white on the pdfs.

4 REPLIES 4

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Since there is no driver or software for Chromebooks, you would be scanning with the native scan settings from the Chromebook. 

If you have a Windows or Mac computer, you can scan using IJ Scan Utility and you will be able to select Black and White scan. Or, if you have an iOS or Android, you can scan in Black and White using Canon's free Canon Print Inkjet/Selphy app. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

The native scan settings only have greyscale?  Are the native scan settings controlled by Canon or Chrome?

Hello
So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know more information.

Do you see any error messages?
Which Computer Operating System are you using (Windows 7/8/10/11 or macOS 10/11/12)?
How do you connect to your printer (USB or WiFi)?

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue
If you're in the United States, and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options.

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.

Thanks and have a great day!

It is a chromebook.  It runs the chromium operating system.  Your other expert said it only runs in native mode on a chromebook, so it only scans in grey scale.  You end up with grey backgrounds  which make the scans difficult to read and use allot of ink because the entire background has to be printed.  Kind of make it unusable on a chromebook. I just wanted to know what the native mode is.  Is it a chromium operating system restraint or a Canon restraint.   If it is an operating system restraint there may be a way around it or at least I can go into one of their forums and complain. 

click here to view the gallery
Announcements