cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I save a scanned image as a pdf file w/ my MG5420?

delach
Apprentice

I just installed my MG5420 printer and when I scan an image I do not see an option to save the file as a .pdf file.  Is there a scan utility to assist in scanning documents?  There was a utility for my MP800 printer that made this very easy.

13 REPLIES 13

I bought MX922 a few years ago.  It worked well.  But, recently, without any reason, the power shut down completely like a dead machine.  I like this printer, so I went to bought an identical model.  Strangely, after installation, each successful scan produced two identical PDF files in my file folder.  No big deal, I can manually delete one copy.  Does anyone know how to solve this issue?

Hello.

Try changing the Save settings in the IJ Scan Utility program.  This program controls the scanners.

If you continue to have difficulties, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

BryanShaw1
Enthusiast

my printer MG5250 is not listed

rohitmaneg
Contributor

The Ijsetup driver provided by Canon will also work for scanning. 

read More: Geeksngadgets

You may also have to download IJ Scan Utility driver. 

Announcements