cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I duplex print to a Mac?

TLHKayaker
Apprentice

I have High Sierra 10.13.6. I have not been able to print in duplex. How and where do I set this? Occasionally I get a document to print in duplex, but I can’t consistently do it. I was advised to use Preview to print a document because printing from Adobe Acrobat was coming out backwards. But I have a 2 page document and can’t duplex print from Preview

2 REPLIES 2

Tiffany

Hi TLHKayaker,

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know what model printer you are using.  
Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email. 

Thank you!

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

Can you provide some details about your printer and also what driver was used when installing the printer.

On the Mac, go to "System Preferences" -> "Printers & Scanners" -> select the printer on the list, then click "Options & Supplies".

This opens a sub-window.  In that sub-window, the "General" category will list the device name and "Driver Version"

Please record that info and post it back here.

Also... back in the printer list, when you select the printer, you'll see a description of the printer on the right.  Does it have the name "AirPrint" in the description where it says "Kind:"?

For any given printer, there are often two possible drivers that can be installed... an "AirPrint" driver and something called the "CUPS" driver.  Depending on which driver you select, you may or may not see all capabilities of the printer being presented.  Commonly one driver wont know the printer can print duplex and it hides that choice.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da
Announcements