cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I connect my laptops so I can print from them?

mysterysinc
Apprentice

I just purchased the Canon PIXMA MG3122 Printer and have it hooked up to my desktop computer.  The problem is that I cannot figure out how to connect it so I can add 2 more laptops and my Ipad.

All of the laptops and the Ipad are wireless which is why I upgraded my old printer.  I needed the new one to be WiFi.

No matter what I type in the help section, I cannot figure it out.  I did try calling Canon, but due to the storm, I guess they closed early.

Can someone help?

~Lauri~

1 REPLY 1

Karl1
Rising Star

Hi mysterysinc,

Since the MG3122 doesn't have an operation panel to input your wireless information, to get the printer set up on your first wireless laptop you would need to temporarily connect the printer to the laptop via USB and run the installation CD to set up the wireless.  Choose Easy Install, choose Wireless, and when prompted what type of wireless setup you want to do, choose the Standard Setup.  It will prompt you to connect the USB cable, and then search for wireless networks nearby.  Select yours, type in your network key and click Connect and it should set the printer up.  On the second laptop you'll go through the same steps, minus the USB cable.  When you choose the Standard Setup it should then detect that the printer is already on the network and simply configure the printer driver to use the existing network connection.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements