There is a program that comes with the printer called the IJ Scan Utility that can assist you with scanning photos and documents. To scan using the IJ Scan Utlity, please follow these steps:
1. Place the photos/documents on the platen glass of the printer.
2. Start the IJ Scan Utility by going to the Go menu of Finder, select Applications, then double-click the Canon Utilities folder, IJ Scan Utility folder, then Canon IJ Scan Utility icon to start IJ Scan Utility.
3. In the Canon IJ Scan Utility window that opens, click SETTINGS.... in the bottom right of the window. The Settings dialog box appears.
4. Click the PHOTO SCAN or DOCUMENT SCAN option on the left pane of the window depending on what you are trying to scan, then set the item size, resolution, etc. as required.
5. In the SAVE SETTINGS section of the window, you will select the save format and location of the document you are about to scan.
a.) In the FILE NAME field, specify the name you would like to give the file. By default the filename will begin with IMG; you can remove IMG and change it to whatever you would like to name the file.
b.) In the DATA FORMAT field, use the drop-down arrow to select the option that is relevant to the type of document you want to scan.
c.) In the SAVE IN field, please navigate to the area where you would like the file to be saved once it is scanned in. By default, the file will be saved in the DOCUMENTS or MY DOCUMENTS folder.
6. Once all settings have been selected, click the OK button at the bottom window. The IJ Scan Utility main screen appears.
7. Click the PHOTO or DOCUMENT button, depending on what you are trying to scan. Scanning starts. Click the CANCEL button to cancel scanning if needed. Scanned images are saved in previously selected folder location specified in the SETTINGS... window.
Hope this helps!
This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.
07/31/2023: New firmware updates are available.
05/31/2023: New firmware updates are available.
05/18/2023: New firmware updates are available.
04/20/2023: New firmware version 1.4.1 is available for EOS R3
03/30/2023: New firmware updates are available.
2/07/2023: New product announcements!EOS R8 EOS R50RF-S55-210mm F5-7.1 IS STMRF24-50mm F4.5-6.3 IS STMRF15-30mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM