cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have a MP530 (Using Vista) and Scanner Doesn't Work

MitchT
Apprentice

I downloaded all the software, etc. from the Canon site and everything works except the scanner.

It keeps giving me that it isn't connected. I have done all the necessary changing of USB ports and reloading the software from the site and it still doesn't work. Canon help was no help. 

Can anyone figure this out for me.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

Ramona
Authority

Hi MitchT,

You can try temporarily removing files from a folder called TWAIN 32 that may be causing a conflict with the scanning process to see if this resolves the issue.  To do this, please follow the steps located here.

In addition, you can temporarily disable any antivirus or firewall software that is on your computer to see if this will allow you to scan, as sometimes these programs can block the scanning process.  If you still experience difficulty, please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Neither of these solutions worked.

It still says that my scanner is not connected, which it is.

How can I get this to work with Vista?

Thanks.

Hi MitchT,

Are you able to scan using the MIcrosoft Paint program following the steps below?

1. Go to your START Menu, select ALL PROGRAMS, then ACCESSORIES, then MICROSOFT PAINT.

2. Once inside of Paint, please go up to FILE, then select FROM SCANNER OR CAMERA. A window will appear asking you what device you want to use. Please select the PIXMA MP530, then press the OK button.

3. In the next window, you should have the option of selecting a document type; please select one, then press the SCAN button in the window.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Ramona,

No...in Paint it still says that the device is not connected. It is connected but the program doesn't recognize it.

Mitch

Hi MitchT,

I would like to have you create a new user account on your computer and then attempt to scan to see if you are able to scan under that account. To create new user account, please follow these steps:

1. Click Start and then Control Panel.

2. Click User Accounts and Family Safety.

3. Under User Accounts, click Add or remove user accounts.

4. Click Create a new account.

5. Type the name that you want to use for the account.

6. Select Administrator for the account type, and then click Create Account.

Once the new account has been created, please login under that account and then attempt to scan again. Are you able to scan successfully?

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Ramona,

Thanks so much. I had been using a non-administrator account and it wasn't working. When I used my administrator account it worked and scanned. We don't use our administrator account due to internet security and scams locking the computer.

I guess I will have to use the admin account to use the scanner from now on?

Don't know why this is but I can live with that.

Mitch

Announcements