cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Green Tint in Canon Pixma G1000

billubakra
Contributor

Hi Guys,

I have a year and half old Canon Pixma G1000 printer. I use it to take print outs of photos for like 6-7 prints in 10-15 days. From the past couple of days it is printing photos in greenish tint, like this-

Green Tint.jpg

This is the original image, photo taken from a pc but I hope you get the color difference

Original Photo.jpg

The black portion of the photos have lines like these

Black Lines.jpg

Someone told me that it needs cleaning but he also said that cleaning use lots of ink while cleaning. All ink tanks are like 50% full. Please help with step by step procedure about this.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi billubakra,

Please follow the steps in the manual to resolve this issue:

https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/ErrorCode/G1000%20series/EN/ERR/err_ug_print01_0312.html

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Patrick, Thanks for replying.

So, here's what Idid-

Printed a nozzle check pattern by pressing the reset button for 2 flash lights on the power button, see results below

Cleaned the nozzle twice by pressing the reset button for 1 flash lights on the power button, see results below

Deep cleaned by following the steps here-

https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/PrinterDriver/W/G1000%20series/1.0/EN/PPG/dg-c_cleaning.html

Since the black color is fine as per the nozzle check pattern so I selected CMY only.

Posting photos of the ink level as well. Have not performed the system cleaning yet. Should I do it? Why is the Magenta color not showing at all in the nozzle check pattern?

a

b

c

Hi billubakra,

Since the Magenta is not showing after the cleanings and deep cleaning, It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please dial 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Dear Arthur,

Thanks for replying. Just for my knowledge's sake what could be the issue that the Magenta color isn't printing?

Awaiting for your reply.

Hello.

If colors still do not print correctly after cleanings have been performed, we would have to advise that you contact our support group for additional assistance.  If you are here in the United States, call us at 1-800-652-2666.  If you are outside of the United States, visit www.canon.com to find the website for the Canon contact center in your region.

Thanks for replying. Just for my knowledge's sake what could be the issue that the Magenta color isn't printing?

Announcements