cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G7020 usb thumb drive question

MG7020
Contributor

I bought the G7020 thinking that it had a normal USB "A" 2.0 port. However, it appears to only have a USB "B" printer- type usb port. I found an adapter cable - usb "A" 2.0 female to usb "B" male printer adapter so that I can plug in a thumb drive. I was hoping to be able to print from a thumb drive and scan/save to a thumb drive the same way my old MG6120 could (before it started putting out the B200 error code).However, when I plug in the cable with my usb thumb drive plugged in, nothing happens. I can't access the thumb drive through the printer, and if I try to scan something, I can't. It says something like computer not connected or something.

Am I out of luck as far as being able to use a usb thumb drive with this thing, or does anyone know how to make it work? I downloaded the "IJ printer assistant tool", but it won't even open or start up. I've downloaded and unzipped it several times but this tool won't start up.

All help greatly appreiated! Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Canon Customer, 

Printing from and scanning to a USB thumb drive is not supported with the PIXMA G7020.  The intended use of the USB port on the printer is only to connect to a computer.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements