cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G7020 printer issue - "The latest firmware is on the server. Install the firmware update" message

gedonis
Contributor

I have a Canon Pixma G7020 printer.

I see the constant message "The latest firmware is on the server. Install the firmware update" on the printer's screen. If I am pressing OK, the message is dissaperaing, but in an hour or two I can see it again. A cannot update firmware as official Canon servers do not contain any firmware versions

==============

I am using Windows 10 x64 Version 20H2 and latest Canon drivers

10 REPLIES 10

Yes, I had a new firmware ready to install as well so I did so and now shows firmware current version being 1.06. Since I cannot find documentation about the firmware updates, it's hard to know if this is security or performance enhancements or both. At the very least, it's nice to see Canon still supporting this printer that is getting older. I'm not using it wirelessly for the most part as it is plugged directly into my LAN via ethernet for a more reliable connection. I'm still enjoying the printer other then the color lines needing to be flushed now and then due to not enough constant use - that seems to be pretty standard with any ink printer versus toner printers.

Announcements