cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G7020: ink and cleaning problems

Bookish
Apprentice

I just refilled the three colored reservoirs on my G7020. Blue and yellow print fine (as does black), but red doesn't print even though the reservoir is full. Figuring the nozzle was probably clogged, I tried Nozzle Check, but when I clicked on it, I got an error message "The process could not be performed. Check that the printer is connected to the computer and the power is on. If the printer is in use, wait until it is finished and try again." Same message when I clicked Clean and Deep Clean.

I turned off the printer, unplugged, and replugged. Nothing changed. The computer can obviously communicate with the printer, since it prints fine (aside from no red). So: 1) How do I get Red to print? 2) What's the matter with Nozzle Check, Clean, and Deep Clean--and how do I get them to work again? 

Thanks to anyone who can help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Bookish,

To get magenta to print from your PIXMA G7020 again, please follow these steps to perform a printhead cleaning:

1.  Please press the wrench and screwdriver button on your printer one time.

2.  Press the right arrow 4 times to select Maintenance and press OK.

3.  Press the right arrow 2 times to select Deep Cleaning and press OK.

After performing a cleaning, press the left arrow 2 times and press OK to print a Nozzle check.

Your nozzle check should appear like the image attached to the bottom of this post.

If not, please perform another deep cleaning.

After performing 2 deep cleanings, if your nozzle check still does not look like the example below, please perform an ink flush:

1.  Please press the wrench and screwdriver button on your G7020 one time.

3.  Press the right arrow 7 times to select Ink Flush and press OK.

4.  Press OK on All Colors.

5.  Press OK again.

6.  Use the left arrow to select Yes and press OK.

7.  Use the left arrow again to select Yes and press OK.

The ink flush will commence and will take about 8 minutes to complete.

After it finishes, please print another nozzle check.

Patrick_0-1726841933861.png

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Bookish,

To get magenta to print from your PIXMA G7020 again, please follow these steps to perform a printhead cleaning:

1.  Please press the wrench and screwdriver button on your printer one time.

3.  Press the right arrow 2 times to select Deep Cleaning and press OK.

After performing a cleaning, press the left arrow 2 times and press OK to print a Nozzle check.

Your nozzle check should appear like the image attached to the bottom of this post.

If not, please perform another deep cleaning.

After performing 2 deep cleanings, if your nozzle check still does not look like the example below, please perform an ink flush:

1.  Please press the wrench and screwdriver button on your G7020 one time.

3.  Press the right arrow 7 times to select Ink Flush and press OK.

4.  Press OK on All Colors.

5.  Press OK again.

6.  Use the left arrow to select Yes and press OK.

7.  Use the left arrow again to select Yes and press OK.

The ink flush will commence and will take about 8 minutes to complete.

After it finishes, please print another nozzle check.

Patrick_0-1726841933861.png

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you, Patrick! Two deep cleanings did not do the trick, but Ink Flush worked like a charm. Now I know how to control these functions from the computer itself. I am still wondering why none of the Maintenance functions seem to work from my computer, though the printer can follow Print and Scan instructions from the computer. How do I remedy this? (But in the meantime, it's wonderful to have Magenta back in my life.)

Announcements