cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G7020 Does not Print Black text, does print black images

BaWrules
Contributor

I removed a paper jam from the printer now it will not print in black text, it does print black images, and prints color. How can this be? How to fix????? 

I went through all the online troubleshooting suggestions.  I removed and reinstalled the black print head.

13 REPLIES 13

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

did you run a nozzle check?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

I went through all the online troubleshooting suggestions;  nozzle check, cleaning, deep cleaning, ink flush, turn off and unplug printer 

It gives me error code 5200 

When I send a text only (full page of text) document to the printer, it just rapidly clicks the paper through vs the typical one line at a time.  

and I reloaded the printer drivers from the canon site

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Register your product on the Canon support site and request Canon support. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I have been unable to register my Pixma G7020 printer on the Canon site.  When I put in the serial number, I get the message that the number I entered is either not for the correct model or that the printer that I have is for the Asian market.  I purchased the printer at Best Buys in Atlanta, GA.  I took a picture of the seial number to be sure that I was entering it correctly, but to no avail.  Just kept getting the same error message.

You should call Canon at 1-800-OK-CANON. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I tried that.  They want the phone number associated with my account.  I see no place in the account to input a phone number..........

Your printer is already registered with your phone number and the email associated with this account. Just log into your My Canon Account at canon.us/account and tap "Service & Support" on the bottom left, then tap the big red "GET SERVICE & SUPPORT" button to the far right of the image of your G7020. It'll give you your support options from there! 

Unfortunately Canon customer service is not as good as many other companies I have dealt with, they want $ before they will talk.  Most companies don't want $until parts are needed.  They should at least offer to credit the $ towards parts purchase.  

Announcements