cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G6020 photos print with blue tint

sharibratcher
Apprentice

Bought the Pixma g6020 mega tank all in one printer a few years ago, and loved it. Best printer I ever had. I print often and usually in color, onto all different media types, such as paper, glossy and matte photo paper, printable vellum, printable glitter paper, printable transparencies, cardstock, etc. 

About 5 months ago, I refilled the ink tanks. All three colors and black. Used Canon inkjet refill ink. Maybe a month or so after that, every photo I print comes out with a blue tint. I have done multiple nozzle checks, multiple cleanings, multiple deep cleanings, 2 ink flushes, head alignments, and no improvements. The only way I can get the photo to print even halfway close to the image displayed on the screen of my laptop or phone, is to manually adjust the color management:

Cyan: -20 

Magenta: 20

Yellow: 0

Brightness: Normal

Intensity: 10

Contrast: 0

This gets the picture close but it still looks a bit faded or white washed. Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi sharibratcher,

To help us determine the cause of the issue that you are experiencing, please take a photo of the last nozzle check that you printed and attach it to your reply to this post.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I am also having this problem I also tried everything the other person stated and I am not having any luck.

I have the same problem -- blue tint on photos.

Announcements