cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G4210 Printer~Black ink printing in stripes

zidlej
Apprentice

I have 2 of these printers...one at school and one at home, and they both are causing me headaches.  I just posted a message about paper jamming and now I have this at my home printer.  

I can print in color but the black is streaky or will print off and on, like in stripes.  I have done almost all the maintenance buttons on the machine and am at a loss with this printer, too!

I am about to give up on Canon...

Thank you! 

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi zidlej,

First, to resolve this printing issue, please perform 2 printhead cleanings.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1.  Please press the wrench and screwdriver button on your PIXMA G4210.

2.  Repeatedly press the right arrow button to select Maintenance and press the OK.

3.  Press the right arrow button to select Cleaning and then press the OK button.

If the streaks still appear, the next step would be to clean the encoder/timing strip inside of your PIXMA G4210.  To do this, please follow the steps in this article:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART170552

The last cleaning that can be performed is a System cleaning (Ink flush).  To perform this, please follow these steps:

1.  Please press the wrench and screwdriver button on your printer.

2.  Press the right arrow button to select Maintenance and press the OK

3.  Press the right arrow button to select Ink Flush and then press the OK button.

4.  Check the displayed message and press OK button.

5.  Select Yes and then press OK button.

6.  Select Yes and then press OK button.

If these cleanings do not resolve this issue, your PIXMA G4210 would require service.  If your PIXMA G4210 was purchased less than a year ago, please contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives via phone or chat to obtain your in warranty options. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

https://mycanon.usa.canon.com

If your PIXMA G4210 is out of warranty, you are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free standard shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30PM ET). If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8am to Midnight. Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Sorry, I forgot to reply back!  I hope to try your ideas soon. In the meantime I got fed up and went back to my old hp printer.  It is a very cheap printer that takes cartridges and has no bells and whistles, but it PRINTS!!! 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements