cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G2270 won't print, Mac OS Sonoma

MichelIV
Apprentice

I purchased a new G2270 printer, went through the setup and it will not print. I get the status bar in the print cue monitor going back and forth but it never actually prints.  

-The computer and the printer are connected.  It can see the ink level.

-The front panel shows a "0" and no matter what I push, nothing changes.  

-I've checked for updates and I seem to be running the latest software.  The firmware reads v1.0.

-I am running Sonoma 14.5 on a Mac mini M2 Pro chip.

-There was no USB cord included (really Canon?) so I reused the one from my older Canon printer which they no longer support and have no updates for it to work with Sonoma (thanks Canon).  The old USB cord/printer worked just fine.  Regardless, I am going to try a new USB cable.

Because the front panel doesn't seem operational, I'm thinking I got a dud.  I've tried going into the IU and while it can see everything, it does say the printer is busy despite the printing cue being empty.

If I hold the setup key (has a pic of pliers/screwdriver on it) for 10 seconds nothing happens.  I can hold it for 30 seconds and nothing happens.  And noting happens when you push and immediately release the button.  

I have tried unplugging it, shutting it down, etc...the USB cable is plugged directly into the computer.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MichelIV
Apprentice

Issue solved.  I did purchase a new cable but that turned out NOT to be the issue.

The issue was solved by opening the top, as if you were going to add ink, closing the top again and hitting the "OK" button.  It went through a long series of motions, I'm assuming, to charge the print head and associated hardware.

Once it completed, I was able to print and the front LCD display was now indicating paper size where it did not before.  So totally my fault in not reading through everything in the manual.

I suggest future models have an "OK" button that's lit, and blinks, notifying the owner it needs to be pressed after closing the lid.  There's no indicator on the rather smallish display either.

The first print shot out rather quickly and was both sharp and clean.  Seems to be an improvement over my old Canon printer and not bad for the $100 or so I paid for it.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

MichelIV
Apprentice

Issue solved.  I did purchase a new cable but that turned out NOT to be the issue.

The issue was solved by opening the top, as if you were going to add ink, closing the top again and hitting the "OK" button.  It went through a long series of motions, I'm assuming, to charge the print head and associated hardware.

Once it completed, I was able to print and the front LCD display was now indicating paper size where it did not before.  So totally my fault in not reading through everything in the manual.

I suggest future models have an "OK" button that's lit, and blinks, notifying the owner it needs to be pressed after closing the lid.  There's no indicator on the rather smallish display either.

The first print shot out rather quickly and was both sharp and clean.  Seems to be an improvement over my old Canon printer and not bad for the $100 or so I paid for it.

I'm so glad you got everything working!

I'm just wondering - did you install the Canon software? I believe it should notify you if the printer needs attention - that way, you're not depending on the printer's display. If you haven't, you can get it from HERE.

I did install the Canon software and there was no indicator, no pop-up window, nothing, stating there was a problem.  This is why I found it so vexing.  It was obviously communicating but it just wouldn't print (or scan) and said it was "busy".  But no indicator of what it was actually "busy" at.  

And with the front display not indicating changes when pressing any/all buttons, I thought I'd actually received one with a bad processor or something along those lines.

I did re-install the software twice, hoping that might solve the issue, ran through the setup procedure but they make it REALLY easy to skip over the actual, physical setup, adding ink, all that stuff.  Going back through it for a third time, I went through every screen in the setup process to see if I missed something.  And I did.  Had I been forced to go through each screen in the physical setup process of adding ink, paper, etc. I would not have run into this issue.  

Thank you for confirming this. I will forward your experience on to the dev team to hopefully implement some changes in the future. 😊

MichelIV
Apprentice

Thanks Stephen, much appreciated!  I work with tech (and instructional material) for part of my profession.  Appreciate the help and forwarding to the dev team!

Announcements