cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware Update

Hanslr
Apprentice
I frequently get a message on my printer touch screen saying a firmware update is available. I have scoured the online manual which addresses the topic "Firmware Update" but doesn't say one word about how to do it. It didn't seem important, however, I now cannot print in color and I am wondering if this lack of updating the firmware is the problem?
2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetngs,

FW updates are periodically pushed out by Canon and are normal.  Not upgrading or delaying won't keep you from using your printer.

There are a few things missing from your post.

What is the model of your printer?

What OS are you using?

Start with the following:

Perform maintenance, a nozzle check pattern.  What are these results.

Are you seeing colors, without gaps or spaces?

If no, perform a head cleaning and retest.

If yes, then the printer is probably operating normally and you might have an incorrect setting in the print driver or application you are printing from.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I have the same problem.  My screen is constantly telling me that a firmware update is available from the website.  Interesting.  NOW WHAT?   I go to the Canon website and search "firmware update for G4210 printer," and get no results.  It's been very frustrating.

I have a MAC X 10.10.5 and the printer is a G4210

My biggest problem with the printer is its connection to the computer.  Very slow scanning and printing, and often I get the message, "the image failed to scan."  

Can new firmware help, or will it make my problems worse?

Any help would be appreciated.

Announcements