cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiery mx300 daylight savings time issue

Samer
Apprentice
Every time there's a time save for daylight hours, xp and windows 7 machines can't print to this fiery unless I remove and re add the driver.
Doing this manually for 200 computers until I write a script to automate the process.
Is there a patch or a fix for this issue?
13 REPLIES 13

No problem,

I actually chimed in on this board a year ago and got an email notification that someone posted to it so I figured I'd chime in with my findings.

I the provider gave us the driver via FTP - That link is long gone unfortunately, but I can try and tap some of my previous relationships and see if I can get it. We are going through this exercise again on the Xerox side with the Fierys.

Fix procedure is to remove the queue, remove the driver, reboot, and then pull it back down from the print server per user until the correct driver is applied.

Check this out - first I am seeing it, but someone brought it to my attention.

http://fieryforums.efi.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1128&d=1425316061

Thanks so much for posting this. Such a load of bunk. Not our fault!!! (or so says EFI). We'll you wrote the software and it is impacting your customers so yes it is. They haven't updated the drivers in over a year and even then most of the DLLs are just repackaged. This is the third time we've been hit by this "bug". We are big enough now that running around to everyone's computer is not a valid fix. So annoying.

I have tried to find a support ticket system for Fiery and it is evident by the lack of availability of such a system that they have very little concern for their customers.  I'm wondering why more people don't have this issue and are not making more noise about it.  Our system is as follows:

Windows 7 x64 Pro Clients.

Users DO NOT have Admin rights.

All print drivers/shares served by 2012R2 print server (although this problem occured in 3/2015 on a 2008R2 Print Server also).

We are running PaperCut 14 to audit our printer usage.

It has happend for the last three DST shifts (we are in GMT-8)

Every single server and printer on this LAN are sinked via  NTP host.  They are all accurate to the second.  Each Fiery and Printer have the correct time as confirmed by me today.

I'm going to assume we have the 2013 DST update installed based on the PDF that Fiery provided detailing the problem, but I will also have my patch management person confirm that tomorrow.

Micosoft, Canon, and Fiery need to stop the finger pointing and figure out why this happens as it is very debilitating when over 200 users suddenly are unable to print.  Doesn't make sense.

Announcements