cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message 5100 pixma mg3600 series

Annette082000
Apprentice

I have the 5100 error. I've tried clearing the paper jam and wiping with a Q-Tip the track but I still get an error and really need my printer working.  Please help.

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Here are Canon's instructions for the error.

https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/ErrorCode/MG3600%20series/EN/ERR/5100.html

Is the printer still under warranty?

If this doesn't help, and no warranty exists, a new printer might be in order.  I don't make this recommendation lightly, but the cost to ship and/or repair a $50 dollar printer...  I think you get it. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Annette082000,

If you are running into a 5100 error it will usually mean there is a hardware issue but you can try a few things. I would suggest starting by removing the ink and then turning the printer off and on with the tanks out of the printer. While the inks are out, you can inspect the inside left and right of the printer for any torn paper or obstructions. Once the printer is back on, you can load the tanks and try printing to see if the error clears.

If you are getting the 5100 error, I would not suggest cleaning the rail that the inks travel on. The rail is coated in grease and that helps the carriage move. There is an encoder/timing strip near the rail and I would suggest trying to clean that using the steps in the link provided HERE.

The printer has a 1 year warranty and you can click the link HERE to create a Canon account to see what service options you have.

Outside of the 1 year warranty, you can contact our sales department at 1-800-652-2666 to use our Upgrade Program. The Upgrade program will give you a discount and free shipping on a replacement printer.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements