cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code 1403 - Pixma MX492

LLinhu16
Apprentice

Hello.

I have a Pixma 492 printer and have recently received the 1403 error code.  I've had the printer about 18 months and have not seen or had this error code previously.  I've read the comments about and have tried using a blend of alcohol and hat wter to clean the print cartridge heads as well as the connections to the cartridges on the inside of the unit several times including turning off the unit and disconnecting it from the power source and it hasn't solved the issue.

What else can I try?  This is very frustrating and extremely inconvenient as I have several documents that need to be printed.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi LLinhu16,

To try and resolve the error, please remove and reseat the ink cartridges in the printer.  If the inks have recently been replaced, please ensure that all tape has been removed from the bottom of the ink cartridges prior to reseating them in the printer. 

Next, please turn off the printer, unplug the power cord and leave it out for at least 10 minutes, then plug it back in and turn it back on. 

Should the error continue, please reply to this email with the exact text that appears from top to bottom on the label of the ink cartridges installed in the printer and I will be happy to further troubleshoot the issue.

Thank You Arthur J.

I ordered new cartirdges and by process of elimination, figured out it was the black one that was the issue.  I replaced it and did as you said and now it's working perfectly.

thanks again for quickly helping resolve the problem.

Have a great day.

Announcements