cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Msg 5100 and Slamming Cartridge Carrier on Canon MX330

gbmusic
Apprentice

Hi, I am having some problems with my Canon MX330 printer.  Any help would be appreciated!

First the Encoder/Timing strip came off.  With a lot of effort I was able to get it back in place.  It wasn't damaged, and I cleaned it with Isopropyl Alcohol as the instructions on the site directed.  But now I am getting a 5100 error and the cartridge carrier (I guess the printing head unit?) is slamming against the right side whenever I turn it on.  I can't find any paper or anything obstructing inside.  I blew out the dust.

What is going on?  Please help!

2 REPLIES 2

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

The 5100 is a general hardware failure error and your printer would need to be replaced. You would qualify for the Canon upgrade program.

This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST. Let them know you have been working with technical support and that the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Ok.  Thank you.

Announcements