Recently moved my Pixma MX922, previously it was connected via USB cable and now it is on WiFi. Talked to a tech yesterday to get it to print on Windows 10. Reinstalled the drivers, printer works fine. The IJ Scan Utility won't recognize the scanner, and gives me the error code 5,157,69. Unsuccessfully tried troubleshooting, how do I get the scanner to work from the PC?
This error indicates a communication issue, often caused by a firewall or 3rd party antivirus.
When you switch connection types, its best to remove the printer from Device and Printers, uninstall the corresponding drivers, restarting, then reinstalling selecting the new connection type.
If this was done, the issue is likely related to the windows firewall or a 3rd party anti-virus solution. To resolve set an application exception, if antivirus is installed you can temporarily disable it, try setting an exception or use a different product.
Bay Area - CA
~R5 C (126.96.36.199) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw ~Pixel6 ~CarePaks Are Worth It
The 5,179,69 error is typically caused by the driver. Please uninstall the driver and also the IJ Scan Utility, then reinstall.
To do this, please follow these steps:
1. Press the Windows key on your keyboard and the letter R, then let both go.
2. In the Run window, please type CONTROL PANEL and click OK.
3. Click on View devices and printers (or Devices and printers, depending on your view).
4. Right click the Canon MX920 series and left click on Remove device. Repeat until all MX920's are removed.
5. Click 1 time on one of the other printers installed.
6. At the top, click on Print Server Properties.
7. Click on the Driver tab.
8. Click on the MX920 in the list. Click the Remove button at the bottom.
9. Choose Remove driver and driver package and click OK.
10. Click Yes and then Delete.
11. Repeat until all MX920s are removed from the list.
12. Click Close to close that window.
13. In the upper left corner, click on Control Panel (or the Back button).
14. In Control Panel, click on Uninstall a program (or Programs and features, depending on your view).
15. Click once on "Canon MX920 series MP Drivers" and then click Uninstall at the top.
16. Follow the on screen prompts to uninstall the driver. When you click Complete, the driver is uninstalled.
17. Click once on "Canon IJ Scan Utility" and uninstall at the top. Please follow the prompts to uninstall.
18. Once done, please reboot your computer.
When your computer restarts, we will reinstall:
1. Please use the following link:
2. Click the Select button next to "MX920 series MP Drivers Ver.1.01 (Windows)".
3. Click the Download button. The drivers will download.
4. Once the download is complete, open your downloads folder. To access this, press CTRL and J, then let both go.
5. Double click "mp68-win-mx920-1_01-ea32_2.exe" to begin the installation.
6. Follow the on screen prompts to reinstall.
Once the installation has completed, please attempt to scan.
1. Please click on the Windows Start button in the lower left corner of your computer's screen.
2. In the menu that appears, click on the Canon Utilities folder.
3. In that folder, click on the IJ Scan Utility.
4. In the IJ Scan Utility, please make sure that the model listed at the top is "Canon MX920 series Network".
Please attempt to scan.
07/31/2023: New firmware updates are available.
05/31/2023: New firmware updates are available.
05/18/2023: New firmware updates are available.
04/20/2023: New firmware version 1.4.1 is available for EOS R3
03/30/2023: New firmware updates are available.
2/07/2023: New product announcements!EOS R8 EOS R50RF-S55-210mm F5-7.1 IS STMRF24-50mm F4.5-6.3 IS STMRF15-30mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM