cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code 1403 incorrect printer head Canon MG5420

clamourine
Apprentice

Just bought new PGBK250 XL ink cartridge since mine ran out. When I put this into the printer, I get an error 1430 incorrect printer head. I've read other solutions of removing the print head and then putting it back in and restarting the printer, but mine does not seem to have the lever other people are talking about to remove it. 

I'm certain the ink I bought it compatible with the printer, but I don't know what else could be causing this.

2 REPLIES 2

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

geomark
Apprentice

I just fixed this problem.

I re-downloaded the printer drivers from Canon, looked for them in the "downloads" directory on my computer, DISCONNECTED the printer from the computer, ran the downloaded .exe file and ran the printer driver installation wizard (automatic, just click yes and OK where prompted),   This replaced the old drivers.  Then reconnected the printer to the computer and turned it on, the computer found the printer and it went through 10 minutes of self induced gyrations, and was fixed.

Previously I tried:

taking printer head out and putting it back in;

looking for dirt or spilled ink on printer head (there was none);

hard reset (turn off, press stop button 2 seconds, press on button while holding stop button, let go of stop button, hold start button down still, press the stop button 4 times, or 5, let go of start button).

Replaced ink cartridges with Canon official ones.

None of that worked.  Error just reappeared each time.

It was squirreled up or out of date printer drivers!!!!  Occurred for absolutely no discernable reason to a previously perfectly working printer/scanner.  Glad I was able to save it with this super simple fix because I like it and it was expensive and right now I NEED it to work.  I just tried the redownload drivers thing as a last ditch guess.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements