cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR B204 - PIXMA G3200

WJNelson
Apprentice

Greetings,

I have a PIXMA G3200 and it gave me a B204 error recently. Anyone have suggestions on how to clear it, or do I need to go printer shopping?

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Not much you can do.  This error generally indicates a communication problem with the printhead.  You can try to replace, but if thats not the issue, you will still be left with a non functioning device.  If the device is under warranty Canon can help.  If not, the cost of shipping and repair *might* exceed the cost to replace.  You can check warranty, eligibility and repair options in your My Canon account.

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Desktop-Inkjet-Printers/ERROR-B204-PIXMA-G3200/td-p/405223

Canon Support for | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Ahh, that's unfortunate. I bought it about 4 or 5 years ago, so the warranty definitely expired. Nothing lasts forever, but this printer wasn't used heavily. It's somewhat surprising to run into an issue like this. Is this common with Canon printers?

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@WJNelson wrote:

Greetings,

I have a PIXMA G3200 and it gave me a B204 error recently. Anyone have suggestions on how to clear it, or do I need to go printer shopping?

Greetings,

Not typically, but eventually, all hardware can fail.  It will only take a few minutes to see what Canon says.  If you happen to live close to a repair location, you might luck out.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements