cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't Buy Canon - PIXMA TR8620a paper jam

AKLady
Contributor

Cannon TR8620a, All-In-One -- must use rear paper feed.  If tray is used, printer grabs all the paper in the tray and becomes jammed. Cannon has not responded to contcats.  The printer is still under warranty.

7 REPLIES 7

Mike

Hello, AKLady,

For free printer technical support, please be sure to register your printer using it's serial number to be directed to the correct support channel HERE. You will find support options there.

Then, please contact Canon Support at: 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST

We hope this helps.

Already tried that and nothing in response.

Not all products are eligible for email or chat technical support. We recommend calling our team for immediate help if you are within the warranty period. Once you've registered your printer at https://canon.us/account, call 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666). Tell the automated system you need tech support on your PIXMA TR8620a, and you'll be routed to a live support representative. 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

On the few occasions I've called, I was able to identify my product and was then was routed to a support representative who assisted me with my questions or issue.  Did you speak with someone?  Based on your response above, we cannot tell if you spoke to a representative.  

Is it possible the paper you are using isn't compatible with your printer?  Please understand we do not know what you are printing or trying to use.  We only know that multiples pages are being picked up when you try to print from the tray.

Are you fanning the paper before loading it into the tray?  What type of paper is it?  Size, weight, etc?  If there are paper guides, have you checked the alignment?  Help us to help you. 🙂

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

LOL, I've been using printers for over 50 years. I am famliar with the information neded by technical support regardless of make and modle.  Paper is standard weight, typical 8x11.  I've reached the point where I will probably never buy another Canon product.  First time around, the wrong model was shipped, the less expensive one ...

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Happy holidays,

I can't say Canon has ever sent me the wrong product.  I've only ever received exactly what I ordered.  I guess mistakes could happen.  I'm sorry your experience has been less than satisfactory.  I'm pretty exacting about what I buy so I might not accept a lesser product after deciding on something I really needed or wanted.  

Obviously we don't have the whole story in this case.  Mike did provide contact information for support.  Myself, and other community members are happy to try and help too, if you'd like that.  

If your new printer is not operating as expected, the best thing to do is to contact Canon. Give them an opportunity to resolve the issue.  They'll make it right if you give him a chance.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Cannon' s offer, mail printer in at my expense.  If it is a warranty issue, they will repair and/or replace.  Return mail is at my expense.  I can basically buy a new printer.  That would also solve the problem faster.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements