cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma TS3522 - False "Out-Of-Ink" condition

sparks88
Apprentice

My Pixma TS-3522 is refusing to print with a solid "black ink" light. The cartridge is absolutely not out of black ink and only roughly 50 pages have been printed. A few things:

* Directly upon purchasing the printer I set my driver to "draft" quality.

* The printer prints a test page from its console button in black perfectly fine.

* How do I reset the counter as the printer is obviously not aware that it is printing in draft quality?  Holding down any of the buttons does not seem to help, I have reseated the cartridge as well.

* What is the appropriate SKU for the largest capacity black cartridge for this printer in the future?

This is a sturdy printer.  I'd hate to return it just because it throws a false indicator.

7 REPLIES 7

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi sparks88,

When the ink indicator light is on, that indicates that the is low.

When the ink indicator light is blinking, that means that the ink cartridge is out of ink:

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/Manual/All/TS3500%20series/EN/UG/ug-220.html

To view the page yield of each ink cartridge based on the testing that was performed, please use this link:

https://downloads.canon.com/nw/printer/misc-pages/print-speed-methodology/pdfs/TS3520_PageYield.pdf

The largest black ink cartridge compatible with your PIXMA TS3522 is the PG-275XL:

https://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/pixma-ts3520-compatible-inks

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you for your cookie cutter expert opinion Patrick.

The error is not in the ink (I just put two new cartridges in) but in your junk printer from 1872.

jmeb
Apprentice

I've the exact same problem. Only difference is I've printed 3 pages (also in draft/ light ink) and get On-Screen pop-up Can Not Print black Ink cartridge is low on ink.  I change to factory printer settings etc etc and still getting this msg.  This is BRAND NEW out-of-box and had this same problem on my other Canon printer so bought this one; now I'm frustrated and ready to go exchange for HP if not able to clear or Canon doesn't resolve asap. 

umb
Contributor

They're not going to resolve anything. They're scammers. They sell junk printers that will work the first couple of times you buy them and then break. It took me two hours to get my Wi-Fi to find this printer. Once it did, it printed 20 pages and then promptly stopped taking paper through the feeder and showing an empty ink cartridge. Just popped two brand new cartridges in and won't work.

The 30 days pass, and they're set. Scam goes through, people can't return it, and they just got $59 for nothing.

steverunner
Apprentice

Same issue, brand new ink cartridge to replace the starter black cartridge. Official Canon ink, too.  Blinks that it is out of ink.  Doesn't look like Canon replies to these messages.  

They're a scam company. Your best bet is to report them to any government consumer agency you can so they can go after them. They're scammers. Contact a lawyer, too. Lawyers are the only people these frauds understand.

jiuyunw
Apprentice

I had same issue, only print about 10 pages totally, then not black ink solid yellow light on. WTF!?

Announcements