cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disk (on multi function tray) stuck inside TS9520 - How to remove it

RAMguy
Apprentice

TS9520 one ink cartridge ran out after I sent print command for White face disk on the Multi Function Tray.  The printer stopped due to ink level - but disk was tightly gripped inside printer.  I can't figure out how to dislodge it.  Have turned printer off & restarted but I only get error message no sign that printer will release death grip on multi function tray.  BTW this is a new printer - 1st attempt to print disk face, though I've printed hundreds on my previous PIXMA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RAMguy
Apprentice

Fixed the problem - brute force!  Lifted the top cover to access the jammed multi-function tray, and squeezed both sides with my two index fingers where it was accessible .  The tray had gotten jammed  beneath the paper feed roller(s), so I guessed that if you could pull a jammed paper out, you should be able to pull out the tray.  I had to press very hard and pull even harder, but it did finally come out.  Apparently I didn't follow the correct procedure to get the multi function tray to feed properly - I suspect that the feed rollers are supposed to elevate to let the tray with the CD pass beneath them.  As soon as I get the ink jet supplier to send me the correct cartridge and can again get the printer to work (%$&^#) !!!, I'll try again to see if I've damaged anything.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

RAMguy
Apprentice

Fixed the problem - brute force!  Lifted the top cover to access the jammed multi-function tray, and squeezed both sides with my two index fingers where it was accessible .  The tray had gotten jammed  beneath the paper feed roller(s), so I guessed that if you could pull a jammed paper out, you should be able to pull out the tray.  I had to press very hard and pull even harder, but it did finally come out.  Apparently I didn't follow the correct procedure to get the multi function tray to feed properly - I suspect that the feed rollers are supposed to elevate to let the tray with the CD pass beneath them.  As soon as I get the ink jet supplier to send me the correct cartridge and can again get the printer to work (%$&^#) !!!, I'll try again to see if I've damaged anything.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements