cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting my Canon Pixma MG3520 printer to my Apple Macbook Air

nancycanon
Apprentice

I want to scan photos from Canon Pixma MG3520 to my Macbook Air, OS Catalina 10.15.4

I downloaded the software (or the driver??) according to Canon instructions, it said it was installed, but now I can't find "Canon Utilities" under Applications.... which is what the video says I should see next. What am I missing?

2 REPLIES 2

Darius
Whiz

Hi nancycanon.

The MG3520's downloads page features two drivers; the ICA Driver is for the unit's scanning function.  Beyond those downloads, additional downloads are available on the Software tab of that same page.  [MG3520 Drivers & Downloads page]  Once a single Canon program is installed, the Canon Utilities folder will be present in the Applications folder.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I am having a similar problem with my MG3520. I am able to print from my Macbook Air (running Mojave) but I'm unable to use the scan function. When I attempt to use the IJ Scan Utility I get the error code 15,248,0. While the utility shows the product name "Canon MG3500 series Network", the tool does not allow me to select a different device through any means.

In addition, under the 'Printers & Scanners' in System Preferences the device does not have the ability to toggle between Print and Scan (see images). However, my other Macbook has no problem scanning on this device and also has the Print/Scan toggle option in the System Preferences. 

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, software, and device mutiple times without any success. The printer is on the network and useable. I can see it through the Macbook, different devices, and the IP address. The scanner however I can only use from the other Macbook. I can use the scanner from the Macbook Air ONLY when I connect via USB so I know the software and the driver works. I'm out of ideas at this point.

Screen Shot 2021-01-20 at 5.11.36 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-20 at 5.12.18 PM.png

Announcements