cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code 2,145,50

Woko
Apprentice

I have a Canon MX870 printer. And what a reliable machine it has been!

However, with increasing frequency I'm receiving code 2,145,50 telling me "Cannot communicate with scanner...Code 2,145,50".

Sometimes the problem is fixed by trying again but I usually have to fix the problem by turning the printer off then on.

Is the 2,145,50 gremlin really telling me I need to put my faithful printer out to pasture? Or is there a simple solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Michael. The Code 2,145,50 gremlin seems to have given up the ghost, thankfully. However, if it should return I'll certainly take up your suggestion of troubleshooting with the Canon support group. Thanks.

Ah, Michael. The code 2,145,50 has returned with a vengeance. I've tried getting on to Support but after 2 attempts I've found the process far too convoluted for me to be successful. Can you suggest a fix on the Canon Community? Many thanks.

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Woko,

So we can assist you, we will need to gather some more information. Please write back with the answers to the following questions:

• What version of Windows or Macintosh is installed on your computer?

• Is the printer connected Wirelessly or with a USB cord?

• Does a error appear when you try to print or scan?

• Do you have any anti-virus software installed on your computer?

We look forward to your reply.

Hello Arthur (or whoever picks up this post).

I have the same problem on my PIXMA MX870 as Woko had on his MX printer/copier/scanner. This topic died last year but obviously the problem still exists and I suspect that someone else out there is dealing with it too. I'd like to discover what I think is a quick fix. I like the machine. But this is really annoying.

I don't scan docs often, but several months ago I scanned several with no problem. I doubt that this is a deeply technical bug. By not allowing me to reach a human or at least email with the symptom, to my mind Canon has used bad judgement. No, you can't support a device forever, but I'm not even allowed to run the bug by a Canon tech? This would likely take 5 to 10 minutes tops. Very unhappy. In the past, Canon support has been the best on the market. But this issue doesn't encourage me to get another Canon printer. And these tiny cartridges are ridiculously expensive,

Gary

Announcements